Thursday, October 28, 2010

Maddie's Mavericks

The Buddy Walk was almost 2 weekends ago, and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. I don't really have any excuses except that we have been really busy, and if I get the chance, I'll blog about all of that, too. :)

The weekend was AMAZING, to say the least! We had lots of family come in from out of town to help us celebrate all weekend, and I couldn't have been happier to have them all in. Their show of support meant the world to me, and I don't ever think I'll be able to show my appreciation to everyone for coming out.


Since this was obviously our first year, we didn't know what to expect. When we would ask people, the most common response was, "Oh, it's a great time. You'll have a blast!". Being the planner and organizer I am, I needed something more concrete. So, when someone mentioned that they feed the people that come to support their team, I took the idea and ran with it, and we had one heck of a celebration. Because, after all, that was what the day was about, celebration. Celebrating our individuality and extra chromosomes, and realizing that even though we are all unique, we truly are all "more alike than different".



There was tons of food, a petting zoo, a train ride, an ambulance, and much, much more to do while we were there.

When it came time for the walk, our guest of honor immediately fell asleep, and continued to sleep through the entire walk. But, what baby doesn't want to be snuggled warm and close to Mama while she walks? It's enough to put anyone to sleep!



Luckily, everyone else was ready to go!








(We were about in the middle of the whole walk, and this is looking behind us.)
Maddie's Mavericks


At the end of the day, both kids were exhausted and fell asleep in the car on the way home.






I've said it before, but loving my children is the best gift you all have given me. I worry about Maddie being accepted throughout her life, but I know that no matter what happens, she will always have her "village" of people to lift her back up. You all showed me that at the walk. It gives me so much hope for Maddie's future, and makes me one proud Mama to be a part of this group! Thank you!

*P.S. The counts aren't in yet on how much money the Buddy Walk raised all together or how any of the individual groups did, but as soon as they are, I will give everyone an update.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I have been anxiously awaiting this blog...and I am not dissapointed. Great job, great pictures, and all for a great event. Count the Traylors in for next year!